Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Big 3-0

So I turned 30 this year and I was really not looking forward to it. The weeks leading up to the big day I was certain I was going to have a melt down! I have been going through some rough stuff in my personal life and turning 30 seemed like the perfect opportunity to just lose it. Instead my amazing friends and family went above and beyond to make me feel so special :)

My birthday was on a Friday so I started the day with flowers on my desk from the girls at work.
Then we all went out to lunch, someplace Southern of course :)
After work John and I went to Ruth's Chris for my favorite kind of steak, the kind soaked in butter :) John kept trying to play it off like he didn't have plans for after dinner. In reality he had somehow managed to get us tickets to "The Book of Mormon"! He kept it a secret until we actually turned to walk into the theater. He said we were going to see "Phantom of the Opera" so that's where I thought we were walking. He then turned into the theater for "The Book of Mormon" and my mouth dropped open :)
The next day we went to a birthday party for my friend's one year old son. It was such a cute party and it happened to be on a rooftop in Brooklyn so it made for a perfect day. I made the smash cake for the birthday boy and then my friends surprised me with a cake of my own :)
After the baby festivities all the adults went out for drinks. It turned into an epic evening of drinking and dancing, something I probably haven't done since college :) I spent all of Sunday recovering from an awesome birthday weekend and then got ready for even more celebrating the next week!

My sweet friends from Little Rock coordinated with another friend who lives here to take me out for a manicure and dinner. Who doesn't love a manicure but then dinner at Dos Caminos on top of that! They even brought us champagne and birthday dessert :)
The next night a bunch of us all went out for drinks again. This time some of the girls that couldn't go out before got to join us. I think I did more drinking celebrating my 30th birthday than I did for my 21st birthday!

The next morning we got up and packed to go to the beach for a week with my family....awesome 30th birthday if I do say so myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment